Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Frightful Friday ... and other Ramblings

Lisa's son Nate had a serious crash on his racing dirt bike Friday. I am not clear on the details other than maybe his kick stand feel down and caused him to crash. It could have been much, much worse. However, he did suffer a head injury and a lot of "road rash", but seems to be recovering well. I know that Lisa is just proud that Nate is ok.

We did our usual thing Friday night. We ate supper with D & D, and Chase. It is nice to get a week in-review from everyone. We usually laugh a lot and just unwind from a busy week. Being the "partier" that I am.......I have my gown on and in bed by 10:00p.m. I just can't hang well anymore. My body starts shutting down around 9:00 p.m. every night. (weekends included)

Evan and Kallie got their boat out of storage yesterday so that Evan can get the ski tower installed. We left ours in storage for probably a couple more months. I just can't go to the lake and freeze. Really the water is cold until mid-June or so...I can make it knowing that summer is coming!!!

We attended church this morning with Evan and his family at Dibrell. It is nice to visit other churches and talk with people you do not normally get to see. We notice that the fields and trees are so green. I think we are just use to everything looking so dead that we are excited to see color!!!!!

I think Nick has the right ideal, he is laying in the kitchen floor snoring, so I think I will head to the couch.:))))) Love and peace to all!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.