Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Childhood Memories

A life long friend of my lost her Dad this week.  I thought about her and her family and remembered spending time at their house.  When I was small my Mom took me with her on her weekly visit to the beauty shop.  I LOVED to go because I loved the smell of the shop and because I would more times than not play with Kathy while Mom got her hair done.  Well, this was a special place for many reasons...Kathy's grandmother, Momma Hall, lived next door and she owned the beauty shop.  Her house was beyond clean, she was a sweet lady.  I can remember her sweeping her porch and even the road in front of her house.  Anyway, I was always excited to see Kathy outside when we came to get Mom's hair done, and I would run to play with her.  Her Dad, Hubert Hall and her Grandpa owned and ran a produce market.  It did not matter what the season the Hall's always had what you needed.  Summertime fruit  straight from Florida, watermelons, locally grown, Christmas oranges, and seems like maybe even Christmas trees.  We would run and play in the huge coolers, in the back of the trucks through her house in Momma Hall's, even though that was frowned upon, everywhere!  Hubert would always laugh at us and always had something funny to say.  Barbara, Kathy's Mom was always busy, busy.  Cooking, crafting, and being Mom.  She can make anything, much like Kathy, Sherry and Karon.  I enjoyed being around Kathy's house when it was time to eat, Barbara always had some good food!  Kathy and I  have remained friends through high school, college and even now seeing our kids grow up.  I want to thank the Hall family for some great childhood memories.....Death doesn't take our memories it somehow enhances them!!!!  Hubert Hall a kind, fun man..thanks for the memories!

No comments: