Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Steering Wheel of Life


It is funny how "we" humans work. Or should I say, how I "work". No I do not mean work, work. I guess I am trying to say how I handle my daily routines. As a Christian I am not promised an easy life, just a forgiven one! Which brings me to my steering wheel story. When things go as I think they should, and I approve of them, I feel in-control. I have the steering wheel of life and managing well, driving down blue skies and rainbow lane. I can handle this and whatever comes into my lane! However, if life throws me a curve I feel out-of-control. Oh, no something is in my lane,a sign is coming into focus it reads Lucifer ahead beware!! Maybe I am not in control, oh I need help, God are you there??? Hell-o!! I have to be reminded I am NOT in control. No, I am not going through some kind of terrible crisis, but just like most, I become weary. I think it is the weather! No sun + a lot of rain = a blue Debbie! I found this verse tonight-Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 2 Peter 5:7 I know God is with me! I am blessed with a loving husband and healthy children. I am truly thankful...but weary.....sun please and hot weather:)))))))))))))))))))

5 comments:

michelle brock said...

Thanks for the inspiration....I definitely needed it today. God is in control---now THAT is reality! Say a prayer Saturday

miss you, Michelle

Tammy said...

Amen Debbie!!! I feel the questions upon myself too, asking "God are you there?" We know not to be that way but we are human so we just wonder sometimes, huh? I love sunshine and I am definitely a summertime girl. I look forward to the upcoming warm / hot days of spring and summer!
I enjoyed visiting your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that verse Steve has been gone to CA since Monday, and I needed that!!!

Mim said...

Debbie, you are a treasure. If God be for us, who can be against us. Usually,we are our own worst enemy. Also, the acronym for "GRACE" is priceless. Let's all pray that 2009 will be a blessed one for all of us.
Elaine Alsup

Mim said...

Loved the acronym for "GRACE." WOW!! That should shake all of us.
I needed the reminder of God's love for all. Let us pray that 2009 will be a blessed year for all of us.
Elaine Alsup