Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thurdays thoughts....


What a busy week!!! I wouldn't want it any other way though:) Evan has double pneumonia and is really sick, Darrall has a tick bite that he is having to take antibiotics for and one of Evan's friends that goes to the lake with them often has a spider bite. Hopefully everyone is well on the way to recovery. I did get a bit concerned for Evan last night, but he did go to the Doctor (unwillingly) and I think he is proud now that he did!!!

It is back to the ole mud bog @ Centertown this weekend. We probably won't go to the lake because we are going on vacation next week and honestly, we need to rest. I do not bounce back as quickly as I use to! I still go and go but I feel it for a couple of days.

Jesse is still in Honduras and doing well. It is the rainy season there so it is HOT and wet. He rode a mule for FOUR hours recently. I guess in the mountains terrain that is the mode of transportation?!! I do know that from time to time he does ride a bus down the mountain and has been down in a jeep too. He translates for the others that comes in from other colleges, and is helping the people on the mountain with "conflict resolutions". I am impressed with him. I would have never gave up my summer to go to the mountains in another country. Ross is also doing well at Etheridge church of Christ as a intern youth minister. Never a dull moment, go, go, go. He has such deep love for the Lord and does well with the teenagers. He came home Monday night for Central's VBS and spoke to the teen class. Reed Tucker told me he did an "awesome" job. I am SURE he did. I am equally proud of Ross. I am a proud Aunt if you can't tell!!

Other BIG news around the Haley house----Mark can now wear shorts to work. I know this may not be big news to some but he has asked for fifteen years for this. So finally it did happen. He said it has helped a lot and they are also getting T-shirts to wear so those ole uniform pants and shirts are gone until winter. I know this helps all the guys that work in the shop--it has been 100+ outside and inside for several days.

I can't believe I have been around long enough for The King --Elvis and Michael to both die. Also, Farrah died today. She fought a good fight. She stayed so positive throughout her illness. It is one thing to be that sick but to remain positive and keep fighting is so honorable. This is all for now. love and peace to all.

No comments: