Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Cab ride

Well, the cab ride to the airport is one I will Always remember.  Of course the driver was not American, which is not a big deal but I think if he had of been he would have understood I was almost to the point of passing out.  The Bears  were playing a home game so downtown was more than busy.  The roads are closed and made one way, etc.  Well, he tooted his horn from the time we got in until we got out.  The traffic directors are not the police so he said he could do what he wanted.  He attempted to get the traffic director to "let" him turn by tooting the horn "at" her.  She told him no he could not turn, he said fine and went up the street and made a u-turn in fromt of four cars coming at us.  Of course I screamed and then all the sudden we were back at the intersection with the traffic director that would not let him turn.  He stopped looked at her tooted and we went on.  I thought ok I made it throught that...well I kept turning around looking for the sirens that I knew were chasing us....all the way to the airport we were going 80+ miles an hour, bubba flipping us off in the lane next to us, I bursted out into "Amazing Grace".I was laying in Kallie's lap with the window down, almost in tears thinking to myself I know we do not get to pick when and where we die but I do not want to die on the freeway in the outskirts of Chicago needlessly.  Well, the cab driver looks back at me, not because I was singing out the TOP of my lungs but because I was laying in Kallies lap. and he said "sorry I will slow down I don't mean to scare you."  Well he did for maybe 15 seconds and I was still looking out the back window for the police because I could still hear sirens.  We finally make it to the airport..the "sirens" I kept hearing was the rearend of the cab falling out of it, only a mechanics wife would finally realize this!  I have never been so proud to walk on a sidewalk in my LIFE.

No comments: