Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Painting and thinking...

We try to do our home improvements during the winter months because we go to the lake most every weekend during the summer.  Well, we are slow getting started this winter but we are fixing to kick it into high gear.  We are adding crown molding to most of our rooms.  I have been thinking of painting my wood kitchen cabinets.  Mark does not like the ideal at all, but I want color.  Maybe a crisp white, or a glazy something something?  I am scared!  If anyone reading this has painted their wood cabinets I would love to hear from you.  Do you regret it?  Any tips?

We are also thinking of painting and paneling our fireplace.  I want to panel it and paint the brick white.  When I say panel I mean the decortive strips of paneling like framing.

We may have to go to counseling before we even start.  It is hard to work and do home improvements also.  Say a prayer for us!!love and peace to all

No comments: