Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Over the Weekend....




We celebrated Reed Tucker's and Mike's birthday!!! I love getting together with family. The older I get I realize what a gift it is to have a loving, supportive family. I heard Randy tell Reed that this concluded his birthday celebrations, so he must have celebrated a lot. I know at my house it seems the kids have week-long birthdays. I cook their favorite meal, then we usually go out to eat and then to family get-to-gethers so it is a celebration. Reed has turned 11 and Mike is double nickel. I love both of them and hope they enjoyed being together as much as I did. We all went to Mike and Nancy's house. The food was great and it was good to see Jesse home from Lipscomb and Ross home from Freed. Ross told us exciting stories about his recent trip to NYC. Wow! This was part of an arts class he is taking. How great is it to get to go to NYC!!!! He was there when Sully landed the plane in the Hudson. However, he said you could not get close to it. Jesse is planning on going back to Honduras this summer and Ross will be working as well. They are special nephews, as is Chase.

No comments: