Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stormy Wednesday.....


We were lucky today that the storms were not any worse than they were. We had huge limbs down that required chainsaws and the troops. After work Mark, Kyle, Evan and Chase got our mess cleaned up and moved on up to Pa and Griggy's. They lost a huge pine tree. But the boys also cleaned it up and cleared the tree from their yard. Our electricity was off at some point, but only for a short time. I want to thank all the linemen that work sometimes thankless. These men risk their lives sometimes to help others. MES and maybe others have men in KY still working to repair lines and help people to get back to normal. I believe we are put on earth to help others and lessen their loads. After all Jesus, our perfect example, worked tirlessly to help others. There is no better example. Thank you to all who helped others today and everyday to make life easier. We have an awesome God, and the real news is not that we love him but HE LOVES US. Amen and Amen. Love and peace to all

No comments: