Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jesse...


Jesse is leaving bright and early Friday morning for Honduras. He and Kallie went out to eat tonight since he won't be here for gradation. He is always so thoughtful and wanted to take her out before he left.

Jesse is a special guy. If you have ever talked with him you know he has a great heart and a love for others and for God. He will be working in a clinic Monday thru Friday and be back in the city on the weekends. I admire Jesse for leaving his comfort zone and reaching out to others. He is an excellent Christian example. This is his second year spending his entire summer helping others. He never seems to take a break, he just keeps on helping others.

During the school year he cooks at the Ronald McDonald house once a week with his service fraternity. His grandmother, Ms. Doreen knits hats for cancer patients and he gives them to the kids. Mike and Nancy have done a great job teaching Jesse to become a servant for the Lord. I am so proud of each of them.

We wish you the best ole Jess---we love you. Be safe and stay out of the garages while you are there!:)))))))))))

No comments: