Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Be still...and listen....

I have found when I slow down I see, hear and feel what "actually matters." "What matters" often changes with the stages of life.  A slower pace is good for the body but more importantly it is great for the soul.  I do not have to have anything right this moment, nor do I have to  place a check-mark beside an item on my to-do-list. It does feel good to see that check mark, a feeling of accomplishment perhaps, but by placing a mental check-mark  beside things I get to see, hear and feel is more rewarding than the actual check mark itself.  Funny how age changes everything. (like it or not)  No, these things aren't written on a paper check-list, they are spontaneous  blessings which are far better than any to-do-list I can pen.  Thank you Lord for grace, the gift of love and the voice I often hear, You saying"slow down."  Continuing my thousand gift list---
26.  windy days 27.  talking children  28.  the phone ringing with Mom on the other end  29.  helping others unsolicited 30.  honey bees buzzing

I am sending love and peace to all. 

1 comment:

Kristin Bridgman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.