Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lazy, Hazy Hot Days of August

Every year around this time I begin to long for cooler weather.  I enjoy the warm days, but after working in a cool office I tend to not want to go outside until the sun goes down.  Our flowers are beginning to look tired and the garden is gone so it is time to look toward Autumn.  We enjoy  fires and hayrides and being outside just as much but in a different way.  I look forward to seeing God's work with the trees and the changing of their leaves, fall decorations, comfort food and of course family.  I have thought about this a lot the past couple of weeks, it has been said, "we don't know what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future".  It is comforting to know that God takes care of my every need.  He knows my needs before I know them.  He has always taken care of me and my family and he loves me more than I love my family.  Wow, what an awesome God, and what a blessing.  love and peace-- 56. changing of seasons 57.  the blessing of eye-sight  58.  heart-felt talks 59.  understanding 60.  room to spread wings 61.  letting go

1 comment:

Patty's Stitches said...

Where are you sweet Debbie? Blog girl, I miss you on here. ;-)