Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Monday, December 29, 2008

A Good Day....

I was in a deep, good sleep this morning around 8:00 a.m. until I was rattled by the door bell. You know when you are sleeping everything sounds loud, well I thought first of all who in the world is here at this time of the morning, and two why are they pushing the bell so many times. I stumbled through the house, dog barking, and looking just real lovely, and I looked out the door hole, or whatever you call it and nobody was there. So, I opened the door and again, nothing. So as the bell continued to ring, and Nick continued to bark, I went to the front door, nobody.. so I had to unplugged the bell and go promptly for the diet coke. So, after two small bottles of DC and two hours of HGTV I was good to go. I think maybe the neighbors garage door opener and our bell is on the same frequency?!

I got a haircut today and afterwards I did a quick trip to M'boro. Is it just me or what???? those people are uptight and quick tempered in the 'boro. I felt like I was on a race track whipping in and out of traffic just trying to not get in the way of others. I did not buy anything except a pair of shoes for Kallie. The sales are not good enough yet for me, I will try back later.

I went by Whitt's BBQ and got supper for the gang tonight. I get so tired of holiday food that just sounded good. Well, I was informed I did not buy enough, which I did. My kids think if there is not a crock pot full of something there is not enough!!!! So, I told them next time I would bring the ole pot with me and just drive up and say fill 'er up!!!!heheheheheheeeeeeeeeee Kids!!!!!

Yesterday while at Loews, Mark was loading a carton of tile into his truck. He picked all of the cartons up by the strap and loaded them. However, the last carton did not have a sturdy strap and it broke after he had it probably chest high. It feel on top of his foot and I know he saw stars!!! I was already in the truck, but heard him yell and I thought he had broken his foot. It is bruised deeply, but he would not get a x-ray. I felt so sorry for him, he is a good guy but it seems crazy things happen to him. I know the carton weighs 50+ pounds.


Have a good Tuesday---let your light shine!!!!!

2 comments:

Kandice said...

this is my first time visiting and I have too say you are so right about murfressboro! I pray I make a safe trip up there and back, people do not care if they run you over. Lovely family!

Susan said...

Happy New Year to the Haley family! I am so sorry to hear about Mark's foot though! You sure didn't need him to get hurt if he is doing a lot of those "honey do's" at the house this week! Hopefully, he will recover quickly.
Love your new camera and the pictures it is taking. They are great. I love my new camera too!
Take it easy these last few days of break. You probably have had to work on and off though.

Happy New Year!