Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas...


I hope everyone is ready for Christmas! I am..not really, but I am looking forward to being with family. I would like Christmas day to be family + thankfulness + food = enjoyment! I would like to see less commericalism, less stress, less hurry, less having to, less hussel and bussel. Ya know everyone I talk to seems to feel the same exact way, so I wonder why we all still seem to get caught up in the "yuck" part of the holidays??????

I have been sick with the coughing and headache thing that almost everyone has right now. I have gone to the doctor for an injection and meds, I cannot take anything OTC because of my BP, and still it is hanging on and making me really draggy. Anyway, I missed work last Tuesday and camped out on the couch and in the bed. I did manage to turn the TV on just for noise and I became soooo depressed. All I heard was loom and doom for the big three, unemployment rate sky-rocketing, wall street falling, I thought if I stayed home all the time or if I was retired and listened to this all the time, I would be crazy. (more so than I am!) This is my thinking on bailouts, handouts, unemployment. First, I believe, the fat-cat CEOS should take a pay decrease, and they should not receive pay bonus, especially now. I think if their salaries were cut and some kind of realistic pay scale "cap" could be introduced, it would help poor ole Joe and Jean!!! On handouts.....I want to say my upcoming comments are harsh, but I think if you have two children and you are being helped in anyway by the government, the government should also provide mandatory sterilization. Harsh yes, however, many many women learn to work the system, and have litters of children and we work everyday to feed them. I also believe if you are receiving any type of government help, you should be required to provide an urine specimen. Working people have to submit to random drug testing, so I believe if you are getting help, you should prove you are not doing illegal drugs.

Also, several weeks ago, we went to Bass Pro for something for Kyle. Mark drove and I was taking in the "sights". Every construction sight I looked at, every hole dug out along the interstate, every building being built had one thing in common. I did not see one, not one, white man or woman, nor African American man or woman working.... All Hispanics, yes ALL. Is it because they WILL work???? Yes.... I was ranting and carrying on until Mark finally turned the radio up!!!!

President elect Obama has a HUGE task before him. I am praying for him and his administration. What a mess to walk into!!! I admire him for even wanting the job!! Whether it be Obama or Hillary this is a mess that will take many, many years to even begin to straighten out.

However, the bad economy and loom and doom has done one thing; it has captured our attention!!!!

I am reminded of this... "I do not know what the future holds, but I DO KnOW WHO holds the future".

On a much lighter note, I got a new camera for my birthday!! I love, love, love it!! It is a red (my fav color) Casio. I recommend it, easy to use and takes great pics.

No comments: