Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Catching Up


I have been slacking at blogging lately. Life sometimes happens and things do not turn out the way I plan them to. But I am working on rolling with it and enjoying all the spur of the moments. Speaking of spur-of-the-moment, yesterday after breakfast Mark and I headed out to drive down this really back, back country-road. We could remember driving down it a long time ago. We found it, but we also found this road (pig-path is what i called it) and it was beautiful. The road was curvy, (to say the least)and the leaves were falling and it was still early morning so the sun was sparkling on the fall leaves, Wow, we were just in awe of how pretty the scenery was down this cute country, country road. After we got our "fix" of riding we went to search out plates. This is my hobby not Marks'. However, he likes to "hunt" for old car emblems, old vintage car advertisements, old lures and such, so he does his thing and I do mine. Which is good because usually together we come up with some really good finds. But yesterday we did not turn up with anything. Which is sometimes the case. We will hit it again soon. Eveybody (besides me) went riding today after church. We went to Earlyville today with my Uncle and Aunt and their family. Actually my brothers and their families were there also. My cousin, Philips' son Lucas, preached there today. He did a good job. I just admire these young men that get up and preach with such zeal. I did not want to ride today, I had things to do at home and I like the times I am here alone. I tend to get more things done, or not.. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. GO TITANS!!!

No comments: