Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

My thoughts today...


I have thought a lot today about many different things. Christmas, (and by the way I will say Merry Christmas! People are trying to be too politically correct these days)Thanksgiving, prom, sr pictures, getting carpets cleaned, dog groomed, my birthday, work, project graduation, prom dresses, limos, leaves, Kallie not feeling well, supper whew-wwwwwwwwwwww I am in overdrive.(aren't we all)

I have promised my self to be true to God. To speak-up about my religion when it may be hard or uncomfortable for me to do so. To confess I worship a very real-loving-alive God and try to convience others to do the same. However, I also will admit I am a sinner. I think it is my responsibility to teach non-christians, that christians are not perfect. I have noticed that is the title some give to christians. This is such a mis-conception. We are just forgiven, however, grace is not a license to sin. We need to be the best we can be, and pattern our life after the perfect example,Jesus. I make many mistakes, but GRACE is a gift, (it cannot be earned) a gift from a loving-God that I want to serve. I also think it is important to realize we are here TO serve and not to BE served. Jesus, our example, served daily. I try to help someone in some small way every-day. It is not the extraordinary things we do, it is the everyday small things we can do, that lightens others loads that can makes a difference. I want to make a difference.

I am tired of thinking now!!!! My friend Delia thinks a lot and I often kid her about it!! I can't see how see does it; it wears me out!:)))))))))

No comments: