Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving


I have been thinking about how I want my table to look for Thanksgiving. I can remember several years ago, Mark's Aunt Jozada hosted Thanksgiving. I will never forget how lovely her table looked. She has beautiful antique turkey plates. She told me they are very hard to find. Her goal is to have a twelve piece place setting for each of her boys. That is so nice of her; she is a sweet person.

I am thankful for the internet. I can always get ideas from several different sources.

This past weekend was a great one!! We stayed home Friday night, and did the normal Saturday things. (Walmart, etc.) Sunday after church, I went wa---y out of my comfort zone. I am a firm Sunday afternoon nap taker, and Titan watcher, but this Sunday after church I went four-wheeler riding with mark and the kids. I had a great time and learned it is nice to get out of my comfort zone!:) I had never been riding where they rode, and it was beautiful. Mark and I talked about it and he brought up a good point. We would never get to see this unless we had a four-wheeler. I agreed, but I honestly think he is trying to get me in the right frame of mind to drop the bomb. He wants a side-by-side something. Mark takes the bumper sticker on the back of our boat to heart. (which I did not even know was on there until recently) It reads, "Whoever dies with the most toys wins" ( or something like that) I know it is coming, I just do not know if it is a side-by-side or a jeep! He kept on saying, "Now Momma (he calls me that when he wants to persuade me) you would not get scared at all if we had a side-by-side.:):):) Anyway we went to some caves, the lake and alot of pretty places. I think spur-of-the-moment trips are the best. And I read being spontaneous keeps you young, so by all means, I will be!!!
I think it is neat the kids still "let" us be around. We like to think they always will...but probably not. You know me, I like having everyone in the nest!!! I am thankful that I realize to enjoy everyday and live it, because there may not be a tomorrow. When I was younger, I was just worried about "getting things done" and moving to the next function; That is sad, because I feel like I have not done several things that I should have, but I will make up for lost time and live for today. and maybe, just maybe I will be skinny and look younger too:):):):): Dream--------weaver------:):):):):)

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Debbie I love it...lol Men and their toys..I love your attitude. I always enjoy reading your blog.
Great job....
:)
Sheila

Alison Cummins said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! I agree with Sheila, I love reading your blog! I hope your and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love
Alison

Unknown said...

Happy, happy Thanksgiving to you and yours next week. Maybe you don't have to work next week, and you can just get started on Friday. I kind of think we need to go back to the original Thanksgiving plan. They played games, ate for 3 days, went to church, read stories, ate for 3 days, spent time together, ate for 3 days. I think your ADD is contagious and I caught it! lol Anyway you know which part is my favorite - I love you and your family. I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving and many more blessings to come!!