Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

All my Chickens are Back in the Nest...


What a great day! The weather is wonderful and I just love Sundays. They are for church, family, sleeping and just relaxing. I did not do much today, other than go to church, sleep, and grocery shopping. As I type tonight, I am listening to my family talk in the next room and my heart is happy. Kallie and Evan and his family got back tonight safely. I always get in a twist when someone is traveling. I am thankful for their safe trip and for them being home. I miss my chickens when they are not around. Even Mark commented today that he would be glad to see Kallie.

Kyle did good at the mud bog last night. He did not place but he can't everytime. It was so-oo cold even with a lot of clothes on, I still got in the truck with the heater blasting several times. He had fun and we got to see him go through two times. The moon was beautiful last night, and I do not know if I would have seen it if I had not been out watching him.

I hope everyone has a good week. I am looking forward to this week. Our preacher challenged the men to tell the wives they love them at least one time a day, (Mark does that), to not be negative, and to do something nice for their wife. So...I am waiting and watching:) no, he is a good guy, I love him and we can all improve in some way, but Mark has the husband-thing covered.

No comments: