Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Thinking and Praying about Rain...



I seriously hope and pray we get some rain this week. The water tables are low and the dust from mowing or chopping leaves is choking us to death! I love rainy nights when you can hear it on your bedroom windows, of course it has to be really, really raining for me to hear it over my box fan on high!:) Yeah, I love my fan, turn it off and I sit straight up in the bed!

The World Series started tonight and I am pulling for the Tampa Bay Rays. Why did they drop Devil from their name? Is it the obvious, they just do not want devil in their name, or something else?

I am going to try to early vote tomorrow. I am not totally sure how I am going to vote, but I do know that it is important that we all vote!! I thought life would get easier, when I grew up, huh, that is what I get for thinking!:) I am learning something new everyday and loving it. It is fun to not know everything I have decided. I do get flustrated when the word idiot appears on my forehead and only my kids can see it!!!!! I am going to get my sight checked, it keeps appearing and for the life of me I cannot see it. If you see me and it is there, pleazzzzzzz tell me:)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Hey Debbie...I didn't realize you had a blog! I wanted to tell you what your "little boy" done to me at Tim's the other day. He thought it would be sooooo funny to hide and jump out at me when I came into the building... Well, You can guess how this story ends. I scream like someone shot me and EVERYBODY thought it was so funny!!! I told him I would get him back and that I was way to old to be scaring like that. Of course Stacey was in on that too. But, Kyle is a really good kid and Stacey brags about something he has done all the time.You and that husband of yours have done a great job with your children.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Tammy Sliger
P.s I saw the cake Paula made for you, it was so pretty. But, I bet it tasted even better. She is a awesome baker and person.