Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Reflecting on October


I can't believe October is over!!! It has been a beautiful month with the changes in season, and the colors of fall sprinkle around everywhere. The Haley/Garrison family has celebrated several birthdays' this month. Kallie, Daddy, (Joe B.), Jesse, and Momma (Frances, Griggy). Kallie turned 18 this month; which is a BIG number to teenagers. (I can remember) She voted for the first time, continues to maintain a 4.0, and works at McMinnville Electric System as an intern. We are so proud of her. My Dad turned 76 and looks 60!!! He walks most days of the week and is the best Dad ever! Jesse, 21, goes to school at Lipscomb, works at the Ronald McDonald house preparing meals every Wednesday night, and stays busy with lots of activities. Momma, 74, looks 60 also, has a lot of bad days but still maintains her house and cooks a big lunch everyday for Dad and whoever drops by, (me & my brothers). We have not offically celebrated the birthdays since Jesse and Ross are away but we will as soon as we can all get together. Even though winter is coming it is good to know I have the warmth of family.

No comments: