Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness


I have been admiring a couple that walks in our neighborhood for months. I noticed their expressions at first. I see them early in the morning, when I am going for my route 44 at Sonic before work. They are walking sometimes hand-in-hand and look so sweet together. They are talking and smiling and enjoying the morning and each other! That is refreshing to me since I seem in a hurry all the time. They are always dressed sporty and their hair neatly groomed and white. Which means in my eyes they are very wise. They have been around a lot of different people and lived in alot of different economical times.But, as I have continued to watch them I have been noticing them carrying Kroger plastic bags and picking up garbage along the side of the road. Wow! Do they have to? No. But they WANT to!!! I think that is so nice for everyone in our neighborhood. And what a nice example. I will be sending them a note to say thank you for being so kind to others. I am seeing something new everyday and I love it. Thank you God for my eyes to see all the good others do and your wonderful creation, and of course my family.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Debbie beautifully written post! Thank you for sharing with us.
Have a blessed weekend.
:)
Sheila

Alison Cummins said...

That is awesome! They must be very special people!

Tammy said...

That is so sweet. I hope Stacey and I are like that in our "golden" years.