Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Griggy's and Pa's and remembering Nun Nun's...

I invited myself to supper tonight at my Mom's and Dad's. I love going home, being with them. I called Frances last night and asked if she would make Mark some beef stew. Of course, she did and it was so-oo good. Momma and Daddy get sweeter and sweeter and I treasure the times we share. Their smiles and encouragement means so much to me. I think we all seek our parents' approval and my parents' are so supportive to me and my family and to my brothers' and their families. Mom has not felt well for the last year or so, but I think she is getting back on track. I am so thankful for them and all they continue to do for me. The other night they came to my house to see the mud truck, (glory, glory) and brought me a sweet potato pie!!!! Whew, was it ever good. Momma can make them just like my grandmother, Nun Nun's. Nun Nun's was such a pretty lady, painted nails, rouge, (as she called it), lipstick, clip on earrings and always had the prettiest hats and purses and pins. And her fried pies, they would make you slap yo mamma:) I loved to go to Nun Nun's house she had a party telephone line and I thought that was the stuff. Everyone in her immediate area shared the same phone line, can you even believe that? She was fun, sometimes she would listen in on others. What a hoot she was!!!!

Memories....I am thankful tonight for the ability I have to remember my grandmother and grandpa's. Special, special people and for my Mom and Dad, aka, Joe and Frances, Griggy and Pa.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Reading your memories of your grandparents has given me a blast from the past!!!!

My nana and grandman(my mother's parents) also had a party line out here in the "country" is what we called it. And actually it is where we are living now. I remember being so sneaking and trying to listen in on the neighbors conversations as well!! I don't think my grandparents did it but I sure tried.

Guess I have let the cat out of the bag huh??? I am sure nobody would have thought I would ever do anything like that! LOL

I so miss my grandparents. They were so special too me. I am very fortunate to be living in the house that they built. At least I have those memories of being out here as a child.