Why I am blogging......

I started this blog to up-date others on the day-to-day events of our family. As the children grew older, and I grew wiser, I realized I wanted to change my direction, and the children wanted to be ommitted from the blog completely. I hope to still manage to include them from time to time but perhaps just through pictures. I am searching for my niche, and way to help lighten the load of others and perhaps lead others to my savior, Jesus Christ. I am focusing on "What really matters" and hopefully, I can help others in some small productive way. While I am changing gears, I will still be throwing in random thoughts, recipes and etc. I am glad you stopped by and bear with me, as I begin to grow and span my wings and fly in a new direction!

Monday, October 20, 2008

"Monday, Monday" (Mamas and the Papas')


Mondays, not my favorite day of the week. I am not a real morning person, so double that on Monday mornings. No, I am not chop your head off mean, but I am not chatty in the mornings. The way I look at it there is just not much to talk about early in the morning. After a diet coke and a cup of coffee I am usually in better spirits. Caffeine is my friend in the morning but my enemy at night.

My house is quiet tonight. Monday's tend to have that effect:) Kallie and Evan cooked again tonight!!! I could get use to this. Mark, Kyle and I were mowing, blowing, choking, and weed-eating. The dust almost got me; I am praying for rain, it is so-ooo dry. Anyway, they grilled hamburgers, and baked fries and it was great.

All day I have been thinking of the up-coming election, not just nationally but locally. FYI-the same two men have been the Mayor since 1985!? Can you believe that? I do not know how to vote, but it seems I am kinda leaning toward, if your "in" you need to be "out". I know that comes from flustration-this is the scariest time I can remember. The economy, high prices, housing market, 401k,and it seems everytime I turn the radio on or TV that is all you hear, and I tend to get wrapped up in all the bad news. However, I am determined to be thankful for all of the blessings in my life. We are Christians, healthy, we have a house, and a warm bed,each other, and a warm-supportive family. So sometimes I just snap myself out of the loom and gloom and think positive. I am much happier positive than negative.

No comments: